Thursday, August 30, 2007

Um...YUM

I came across the most fantastic chicken recipe, but only if you love artichoke dip like I do. It pretty much tastes (and is) artichoke dip over chicken breasts then baked in the oven.

Artichoke Chicken

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1/4 cup sour cream (I used cottage cheese mushed up)
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • cheddar cheese if wanted
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic . Place chicken in a greased baking dish, and cover evenly with artichoke mixture.
  3. Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
I only had 1/3 cup parmesan, and added tons of cheddar instead, and it was soooooo good! I bet it would be even better with all the parmesan. Oh, and it goes without saying you should use no or low fat mayo and sour cream LOL! Oh, and I threw in mushrooms as well! Unfortunately, non magic ones.

1 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

How funny that you posted this. I just bought a can of artichokes b/c I've been craving the dip. I was wondering how I could weasle it into ameal...I'm so going to make this tomorrow!!
Thnx!