Friday, June 06, 2008

Young Jackrabbit

We had a visitor in the backyard the other day, a little jackrabbit! Don't even ask me how much the kids wanted to keep him (ok, fine, and me no matter how much I know not to keep wildlife as pets) but we had a nice talk about how he needed to go back into the bushes to find his mommy, and that he was too close to the streets and cars and needed to be safe somewhere else! (plus my cat would think its such a lovely toy to chase, gulp!)

We have had big rabbits all over of course, but I hadn't seen a little one yet., too cute!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

THat is the sweetest thing!

I heard on the radio a few months ago that the babies have no scent so the mother hangs out and watches from a distance. The lack of scent keeps it from becoming a meal!