Wednesday, July 09, 2008

How To Fill Your Brake Fluid

1: Realize on your way to the museum that your brake light is on in the console, put 2 and 2 together and remember what that pretty red light means.

2. Stop at nearest Canadian Tire.

3. Haul children out of car into pouring rain and into the store.

4. Find fluid, drag out daughter, who's immersed headfirst into the ice cream cooler trying to get a freezie, (yes! In Canadian Tire! By the do-it-yourself checkout, thanks SO much guys!).

5. Throw kids in van and let them run around rocking it like wild animals.

6. Pop the hood, get out umbrella, look confused, while perusing under said hood.

7. Wait LITERALLY only 10 seconds before a guy comes up and asks if I needed a hand (I am still laughing over the short time period)

8. Have guy read van manual, find out where the fluid goes, have him get his hands dirty pouring it in. Ok, I WAS nice and held the umbrella over him.

9. And finite!

Ladies, if anything goes wrong with your car, ALL you have to do is just make it to the nearest hardware/car supplies store, open the hood, and looks under it confused. I actually would have figured out where it went, but it was just so damn funny that I didn't even get a chance to read a single CAP under the hood before some guy came over to help.

5 comments:

Char said...

Happened to me once with wiper fluid! It was so funny, I'm like 'Uh, no I think I can handle wiper fluid.' and the guy said 'are you sure? I can take care of that for you'.

Brake fluid's a different story, I think I would have deferred to the guy also!

Anonymous said...

Well Well Well. Funny how I didn't even HEAR this story isn't it? Hmm?

The MIKK Family said...

Mike, I was saving a spiced up version for later ;)

Cindy said...

That is too funny!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.