Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sigh

It sucks that:

Mr K is still sick, or got sick again, today with a cold and a fever out of nowhere.
I've had sick kids for 11 straight days.
I got a speeding ticket.
My dryer broke this weekend right after The Princess started her projectile vomiting.
I am tired of this GI virus and not being able to eat anything but goddamn applesauce and Lipton soup.
We lost Luna, its pretty much official, she hasn't been seen for weeks, and she hasn't been turned into the pound or the Humane Society. We've combed the neighborhood too, no Luna. :(

But on the other hand...

At least I have two beautiful, wonderful children.
Mike is a great help with the kids..
I coulda had a bigger fine with my ticket....
We have the funds to fix the dryer, not everyone is so lucky.And its fixed. And the 12 loads of laundry are done and my house smells less like puke.
Uh..well the GI virus will go away eventually. And I had toast just now! yippee!

But I really don't have much to say positive about Luna, I had her before I had Mike, she'd been around our whole time together as a couple, pretty sad about that.

And I am so wiped out (prob why I can't kick this damn virus) after taking care of two sick kids, still working all my evening shifts but one, and now taking care of Mike since he got fixed at the vet's (lol I like saying that, cheers me up!) but at least my mother in law is here to help entertain the kids, and at least we can get all this sick shit over with before K's birthday and Christmas!

What??? It can't be all sunshine and speeding ticket posts!

3 comments:

miss b said...

*hugs* hope you guys are feeling better soon

Cori said...

Most heartfelt sympathies for the sickies. And you're right, the positives are all things to be thankful for!

Unknown said...

So sorry Luna has not come home. When I had to put my beloved grey kitty down I was so, so sad and I still miss her. We really get attached to our pets.

We just got the flu yesterday and I thought for a moment my washer wasn't spinning anymore (soaking wet load) and I nearly panicked at the thought of the flu without laundry facilities. When I ran it again and it spun properly, I felt like buying it a gift to show my appreciation.