Sunday, February 01, 2009

Mmmm

Mike and I only had time to go to a movie yesterday (Slumdog Millionaire = FANTASTIC) so we didn't get to go out for the buffet at the New Asian. But of course, we still REALLY wanted some curries, so I made a big supper tonight.

I made the usual Butter chicken, tried the Biryani sauce from Superstore (not bad, you bake it in rice and I put chickpeas and cauliflower in it) and then made from scratch Palak Paneer which is my favorite dish at Khazna's. Its paneer cheese cubes in a spinach sauce, yum! The recipe is here and is pretty good, needed a bit more spices, I would 1.5 times them, but Mr K absolutely loved it, and he's not fond of the one at the buffet, so this one works for us.

And then easy peasy dessert, blueberries,strawberries and raspberries on a whitecake base with Cool Whip. And when I say whip I am pronouncing the H. wHip. Lets see who gets my humor lol.

2 comments:

KM said...

Ha, Ha, Ha Cool wHip, Ha, Ha, Ha. You crack me up!(Man, I watch too much T.V.)

I admire that you try these things from scratch, My butter chicken comes from a jar and the Chana Masala the girls and I like is a frozen (both ala superstore) but the girls gobble up the chicken and the chick peas and the hubby even really likes it so it works.

The MIKK Family said...

IF they made it in a jar,I would buy it LOL! I just REALLY wanted some damn spinach paneer!

You should some pics of those cuties eating their Channa Masala LOL, I can just imagine!