Monday, April 13, 2009

Before There Was Twilight......

..there was Night World. Written in 1997 I do believe, (I am so not going upstairs to make sure thats correct) they have been re-issued obviously to tie in with all the Twilight craze. They were on at Walmart for about $9 each, each containing 3 stories, and there are 3 different books available. Unfortunately for me, I only grabbed the 2 I could see, which means a trip back to get the third.

I am very curious to see if they are as blasted needy, weak femaled and obsessive as the Twilight ones, or perhaps something I would let the Princess read later on. Of course, they are allll about teenage love, but I am hoping for maybe a little less simpering in them...

They seem to be a childhood favorite of many, so reading them at 33 for the fist time may not be the same. Oh hell, who am I kidding. I could pick up a Sweet Valley High and enjoy it.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha, there was a bunch of Sweet Valley High at the reuse centre last time I was there.

There is a lot of new or reissued teen vampire lit right now. I am looking forward to Kelley Armstrong's new YA one.

Jane said...

I just bought Stephenie Meyers 'The Host' - thought I'd give it a try after reading an excerpt on her website.

I grabbed a copy of one of the Sweet Valley High Authors recent books for my Daughter at the thrift store last week - I didn't know she was still writing! I thought it might entice my DD to read more fiction. I loved the 'Sweet Dreams' books. I wanted to be a cheerleader but we didn't have them in England and it made me want to live in North America. Now my Son is dating a cheerleader!!! OMG I feel old!!!