Monday, May 04, 2009

And So It Starts...

The annual craze has started, this past week I have cleaned out the flowerbeds, added new soil and manure, raked the grass, and then yesterday planted my lily and glad bulbs, AND finally pulled out that damn tree in the front. Its been half dead (ash mites) for about 2 years now, we tried to save it, but it was so far gone that Mike was able to get it out by just bending it back and forth for a few minutes, everything was so weakened it just came right out.

However, digging out the damn wire basket that held the roots was a freaking chore and a half, not to mention then back-filling the hole when done! I am not sure what's going there, I am thinking a sweet cherry bush perhaps...there are some sweet cherries that we can grow here now, which excites me to no end, but I have to find someone who carries the one I want...

I also pulled out my dogwoods cause I am sick of them and they aren't flourishing either. The rabbit is completely enjoying chewing the twigs, I will have nothing but the root system to throw out in a week or two after she's done having her fun.


There's only 2 weeks till May long! I have to get so much done before we go on our trip too, we're going right in the peak gardening time for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched DH rake the lawn. That's about it.

Rebecca McKay said...

Amanda, you're funny! I watched my dh rake poop from the back yard that accumulated over the winter. lol. I had tons of gardening plans (wanted to plant veggies and fruit...make a nice garden in the back) but our entire back yard is being torn up. :(