Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Addicted To Facebook

Well, finally pulled myself away from that damn thing to blog, (ok I lied, its open in another window. whatever. its worse than crack )Well, for those of you who haven't joined, get yer asses over there www.facebook.com, and join. Come on, you'll be sooo kewl.

Its actually pretty interesting to see the pics of people that I went to highschool with, especially pics of their kids. Many of them I have seen in the past few years, and a few I haven't seen in forever. Its really cool and it pisses me off that I didn't invent it.

Then there's those few people where you see them and think "well shit, you aren't dead after all!" (D that's for you if you're reading this)

A few I had pegged as being gunned down in a barrage of drug dealing gunfire, maybe one or two drinking themselves into soft, dough-like visages of their former jock selves....the school geek becoming the next Bill Gates, the weirdo finally, just finally, stopping his mumbling about authority and doing something postal about it.

But the mediocrity of just everyone on there kinda stunned me....its babies and kids and spouses and houses and bears, oh my..... and god damned if I didn't just describe myself and my own life.

Not that mediocrity is bad. It just seems that, its just,well, all the SAME. Its just the sameness that gets me....2 children, a car and a house. Decent jobs, vacation once a year. Work and kids and work and kids and.... I always get this way when I think of highschool tho, I suppose. I was like this around our reuion. Where am I and what am I doing and how did I get so freaking Gen X middle classish. Sigh.

By the way, there's more of you on Facebook than came to the reunion! What the shit is up with THAT!

Alright I am rambling. I am off to see if anyone I know from highschool is posting on Facebook from jail.

1 comments:

Cori said...

I'm having the opposite with old friends on FB - I'm stunned by how few of my old cronies have kids, so many are still partying, have funny hair, and if they aren't on Facebook, they are being mentioned by others who are. I feel nostalgic talking with them, a big part of me misses that lifestyle, and a bigger part of me is happy that I knew enough to settle down for my kids.
My hubby is refusing to let me set up an account for him, though. He has no urge to catch up with the old crowd.