Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Things

Mmm today was a long day... we met A & E (LOL at those intials, I must be dog tired) and walked from their house to the University, had lunch, rode the lrt, and then walked back again. That took 5 hours. Yeh. She is a house pervert as well so when the kids all fell asleep in the strollers we had fun walking back and meandering all over the place looking at older houses and making our comments LOL.

Then I went in to work for an hour...I think that is the record for my shortest time there....

Kade and I planted my Calla Lilly bulbs yesterday, now the only ones left are my glads. Then I will buy my bedding plants and see what I can do with everything, My Asters in peat pellets are about 2-3 inches tall already, the Foxglove and Canterbury Bell are about an inch. They need to get outside pretty damn quick here. Kade is so fascinated with the planting and dirt and it goes beyond the normal boy interest in all things mucky, the kid was WEEDING my flowerbed at the back...and enjoying it....making sure he pulled up the roots too...knocking off the dirt...like mother like son I tell you.

The wonder hydrangea is still budding, I found some bulb that I have NO clue what it was growing (dug it up by accident) guess we will see what grows. My irises are being watched impatiently ....bloom dammit bloom! My clematis are green at the base, but I think I am going to have to move my flowerbeds. Mikes gonna love hearing that. That south side looks pretty, but the north gets allll the sun. I am going to put my ferns etc in the shade and then move my clematis to the sunny side. The whole yard will be toys and flowers. Cool..

I dug out my bday present from my sister. The kids LOVE it and won't leave it alone. Ten million toys and a climber in the backyard, and they both want this garden ornament.

I think its hilarious that it has a bird on its middle finger....hidden meaning or am I just really overtired.... so here's Kade's "frog butterfly"


Off to soak in a scalding hot tub....my aching legs.

1 comments:

K and D said...

Sorry about the middle finger thing, kind of funny tho now that you mention it.