Sunday, April 15, 2007

Beautiful Lunch

Ah my lunch just was so happy today. Everything was so brightly colored, fantastic tasting, the sun was shining.....we had a picnic lunch on the deck, just Kade and I. We spent hours outside today, mostly just him and I. I worked 5 shifts this last week and I don't think I will do that again, Kade was feeling a little lonely and needed lots of Mom time after that..and vice versa. I can't imagine leaving him daily for years on end, I would be lost without my picnic lunches, strawberry kisses and conversations filled with little boy logic that make my heart hurt I love him so much.

Now, tell me these pics don't entice you to get your 6-10 servings a day!








The whole week has been work pretty much. The only night I had out was to Beckie's last night to watch movies, we ended up watching Zoolander. How I made it all these years without watching that movie, I will never know. Absolutely hilarious. We need another night to watch Anchorman and Dodgeball.
We bought Kade his first two wheeler this afternoon, complete with training wheels and all. Man, he's so big, I can't believe he has a two wheeler. And he's so tall, we don't even have to adjust it to the lowest level. When did he become so big? And I am looking at preschools for next fall, sniffle.
We looked at outdoor stuff today, I found my gas firepit! At Walmart of course! We really wanted one instead of woodburning to have on the deck instead of way out in the grass, and of course, less smell. But they usually entail getting a gasline run out to the back and blah blah blah. money money money. So today we found one that runs off a propane tank, just like I wanted! Weehoo! I have my furniture picked out, my screened tent, my patio lights, and now the firepit that can go on the deck! We'll have to go pick it up within a few weeks here before it sells out, which they tend to do quickly.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

Mmmmm....that does look yummy!

Cori said...

Lots of colour!!
Let me know how you're doing on the preschool front! I need to find somewhere for Hayden the Horrible, too, but am being too lazy to start looking seriously.