Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Heart My Job Somedays..

Somedays, mind you, not all!

We had done my Career Plan the week before, and I had mentioned that training would be the only place in our department that I could see myself going, once the kids are in school. I left unsaid that there was no way I would stay in my current role fulltime, nor could you pay me enough for some other roles LOL! So lo and behold, two days later,my manger pulled me off the board to parallel with someone else who was new, to help them with their weaknesses and see what areas they needed improvement.

So that's just a huge treat, not taking calls on a Friday night. There's actually not much more that can compare, other than the night off paid. And that is a huge compliment to me, that he would do this.

So then last night he comes in, and asks me about her, and what areas need improvement etc etc. Then he hands me a $25 gift card to Starbucks, saying how much he appreciated my help, and that he hoped I liked Starbucks. ( can we hear a hell YA)

I think my manager is psychic. I truly do. I really didn't want to go to work last night, was really tired out from a day with the kids, and was feeling blechy. I had even talked to Mike about leaving for good and just staying at home with the kids. But I went in anyways, cause how hard is a 4 hour shift really. Then he appears with Starbucks card in hand and many accolades.

Hmm, either that or he took a look at the bags under my eyes and thought, "holy shit, she needs some coffee!"

But everytime I think about leaving, something like this reminds me why I am there. We don't need me to work for the money anymore (not like I would work for free HA!) I don't think Mike gets why I stay somedays, I know he understands when I come home with giftcards in hand lol! But even that's true, there's ALWAYS tickets to win, or some gadget, or giftcards (I also won a Home Depot one). Holidays there is always food galore and treats and little prizes. And thats not even digressing into my stocks plan and my discount and and... But he doesn't get why even tho I get grumpy somedays, I still stay. I suppose its different when you HAVE to support your family, the man mentality. I can't even count the times he's said "well just quit then!" when I grouch about work.

But that's this month...its getting harder and harder to go to work when the evenings are soo nice, the weather will just keep getting better and better and my deck will be calling my name..come sit and drink wine...who needs to work....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a great place to work. Costco is good too. Been there 18 yrs. Not so many free gift cards, but pay and benifits are good. Yes, hard to quit when you see all the positives. Was great getting together with Mom and Dad. Take care. Mary-Anne

Cori said...

It's nice when a company treats people right. My last job was like that, and it makes me so scared to re-enter the work force (whenever that will be)