Thursday, May 24, 2007

If You Hang It, They Will Come

Well, in theory anyways. K and I hung up our hummingbird feeder, they have been sighted in the Edmonton area as early as the 12th. Please don't ask me how I know that nerdy information either LOL. However my tree (which I STILL am clueless as to what it is!) has some fantastic leaves and should be flowering soon....

Long story short. My sister bought me a beautiful, blown glass hummingbird feeder for my birthday. Do I really have to explain what happened? Can't you all just guess? I am SO sorry Karami, it actually DID make it to the tree. Then it fell off. :( I think K was more upset than I was.


Unfortunately, that's ALL we have to entice them. Last night there was a chance of frost so we took all our sheets out and covered up the plants that are in the ground already. I love that the neighbors get a peek at my sheets, lovely. As you can see its hanging all lonely there, waiting. My scarlet runner beans have no support (you can see them drooping by the fence, planted all along there) because I can't find the right netting between incompetent staff and a general lack of merchandise. I will have to check Walmart out tomorrow, and then I might have to just go with another idea. Which I have yet to come up with...they should be SO fantastic looking once they are growing...the flowers are edible and beany tasting (should be interesting to incorporate into a salad) and the beans are supposed to be delicious as well.

I also need a cheap archway, preferably white in color. My honeysuckle needs to be planted and I want to train it to creep over an archway to the flowerbed in the picture above. That's going to be a labor of love... can you get them at micheals? Hmmm mebbe buy a wedding one when they have their 40% coupon out....

My list of things to do gets longer and longer....I keep forgetting to buy organic soil so my peas and beans can be as healthy as possible, I also want to do some strawberries in it as well. Stepping stones....plant my damn seedling outside already....

I am going to run out of summer again before I get this all done. (am I boring you yet?)

Other than that, things are fine. I worked Tues and Wed and that was really tiring going back right as soon as we were home. K was sick this morning, crying and feverish, and then this afternoon after a nap and advil, was right as rain. Running around outside, ate a huge dinner, went to bed nicely. WTH that was I have no idea.

Mike's out tonight at Brett's and took the Wii of course, too much fun that Wii! I had craft night tonight but I haven't had an evening at home relaxing in almost 2 weeks, so I was just not up to going out. So now I should get my arse to bed as this weekend is going to be killer weather and that means I can finish up a whoooole lotta planting and yardwork.

1 comments:

K and D said...

Apperently you should have tried a practice knot on the cheap one first! Or paid attention in girl guides.