Monday, May 21, 2007

tired

Long time no blog. Its been a hectic and busy and fun and sad and everything 10 days. I can't believe how mentally and physically I am worn out. My mind just feels like mush, I haven't slept well in 10 days thanks to hotel rooms and beds that aren't my own, add a funeral and a driving a couple thousand kilometers, and well, hell, stick a fork in me. I am done.

I did some planting tonight, but aside from adding to my physical exhaustion, it actually cheers me up and refreshes my mind immensely. Mike thinks I am crazy and perhaps he's right, but I feel better after playing in the dirt for a few hours. My neighbor came over with her little girl for a bit and told me she heard frost was coming, I am going to have to look into that.I hope she's wrong LOL or its time to get out the bedsheets to cover the flowerbeds!

Walmart had the most fantastic plants out today, I bought snapdragons, marigolds, petunias and a couple peony's. The flowers are all gorgeous, they must have just been shipped in. If you need some, go to Walmart in the east end, the selection todays was amazing.

We bought a Wii in Dauphin, which just makes me laugh. We've wanted one since Christmas but just aren't the kind of people to stand in line for them when a shipment comes in. We just walked into the Walmart there and bought it. Crazy! We are really enjoying it tho, its SO much fun! After I finish blogging I am off to play it with Mike for a while.

Here's a pic of Kandice and Dan from the zoo that I thought was really nice. Kandice, your stomach is looking sooo wonderfully preggo! I should have taken some pics of it with all the nice scenery!

Thanks to Melissa for taking care of my plants and Luna while we were gone, it was much appreciated that I didn't have to worry about it. And there was almost no mail while we were gone so don't worry about not finding the mailbox LOL!

My laptop cord is broken so I have no links to anyone's blog or anything else till it gets here. This is my first time online in 10 !!! days other than messaging M to see how the plants and cat were doing and Facebook the other night. I have lots of catching up to do on all my websites!

We're going to relax at home the next few days, I work tomorrow and Wed night, but that won't be so bad I haven't worked in almost two weeks! Yikes. Here's to settling back into normal life again after 10 days on the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you made the best out of the trip to Dauphin. Thought of you guys a lot. I really wished I could have made it out there. I have such great memories of your Grandma. She was a beautiful lady, with a big heart. I remember writing her so many letters and she always wrote me back. She will be so deeply missed and often thought of. I think I was starting to have blog reading withdrawls.I so much enjoy reading and seeing the pics of your family. Especially the kids having so much fun. Glad your back to the routine, Take care...Mary-Anne

Anonymous said...

Welcome home :)

-A