Saturday, October 06, 2007

Library Additions

Ah, my addiction, the Goodwill. I had far too much success again today with books, I actually had to stop myself from searching anymore.


I bought"


A Recipe For Bees - Gail Anderson-Dargatz
The Cure for Death by Lightning - Gail Anderson-Dargatz
Snow Falling on Cedars - David Guterson
While I Was Gone - Sue Miller
The Reader - Bernhard Schlink

Non-Fiction

Grading the Teacher - A Canadian Parents Guide - Nellie Jacobs
Siblings Without Rivalry - Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish

When I got home I opened my hardcover of The Cure for Death by Lightening and found its signed by the author, to Tricia LOL! Cool, I will have to keep that one since its signed.

Mom and Dad are up for Thanksgiving so its busier than heck around this household.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Thats too funny! I bought Cure for Death last year at a yard sale and its also signed :) Gail A. G. was in town signing her new book Turtle Valley last week! Maybe ina couple of years those signed books will be in yard sales too :) I can't imagine giving away a signed book! But then I don't give away any books lol!

Enjoy her novels - they are FAB!

Rebecca McKay said...

Oh I just read the Cure For Death by Lightening.
THe Goodwill always gets me for books. I seriously don't buy new anymore (unless I get an awesome gift certificate).
DAmn, now I want to make a trip there. I always have a list ready with authors.

miss b said...

I can't believe she got rid of a signed copy! jeez Tricia! lol. I love Gail Anderson-Dargatz. She is one of my favourite Canadian authors and omg I didn't know she had a new book or that she was in town again :( I'm so disappointed now. It's a great book K, enjoy it.

Nellie Jacobs said...

Well, imagine my surprise to see you've bought my book - at a garage sale yet - and posted it on your blog!!! Enjoy reading it. If you haven't already seen the website, visit www.gradingthe teacher.com

Thank you and all the best.
Nellie Jacobs
www.ignitingimagination.blogspot.com