Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Boob Links

Meh I am on a breastfeeding kick, and I know my sister and Kandice at least like all my breastfeeding stuff so here's some links to cool stuff

Breastfeeding Helpline Launched in Uk - Are we jealous or WHAT! Who couldn't have used that!

Formula Freebies in Hospital- Karami, tell the nurses to stick it where the sun don't shine.

It's Ok Past a Year! hahah this one's for you, Kandice

Codeine Warning While breastfeeding : Good to know... little late for me now after all my T3's....

Nicole Ritchie is Breastfeeding - AND had a natural birth! Has hell frozen over????

Breastmilk Eases Vaccination Pain - I believe it.

2 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

I like the breastfeeding posts too. I couldn't believe that not only is Nicole Richie breastfeeding but also gave birth without a scheduled cesaran (of course not saying c-sections are bad....just when they are scheduled when they don't have to be seems popular in Hollywood.)
And the formula freebies in hospitals? Um, yah combine that with a nurse telling you your baby is gassy and needs the formula, with another nurse telling you not to nurse until the baby is 5 hours old, with the dozen bottles they sent home and no one willing to teach me how to latch him...hmmm...did I fail breastfeeding my first? Yeppers. All I can say is have some resources ready...la leche, Karlynn, someone who can come and help! Don't rely soley on the nurses....they are too busy in most cases.
Luckily with the second the hospital was completely different and I had my mind set.
Whewf, can you tell I was a little upset there? LOL. It's probably not that bad, I just had a bad experience...that I obviously have to work on getting over. LOL!

KM said...

Hey thanks you know I always like your BF posts! and to Becs who left the first comment. You are so not alone in your experience as I would say mine was very simmilar, I especially appreciated the 3:00am lecture from the little old orientel nurse on how there was no such thing a "nipple confusion" so bottle feeding was just fine. The only thing that kept me from failing was pure determination and good support from friends and family.