Friday, February 22, 2008

Just Don't

If you are going to a playgroup/indoor free gym, can you kindly NOT:

..ignore the no food/drink signs and let your toddler run around with a bottle, not only hanging out of his face while running, but also leaving a heave-worthy milk-trail all over the toys and climbers wherever he goes.

....be the other parent who ignored the same sign and give your kid a sucker, and let them race full tilt around the gym as well as zoom around on peddle cars, while the rest of us try to explain to our children loudly that there is NO FOOD ALLOWED and even if there were, there is no way in hell you run around with a sucker in your mouth

....ignore the fact that my son came up to you, asked oh-so heart-meltingly politely if he could have a turn with a car when your son was done, tell him "yah, when he's done" then let your child sit in it for 25 minutes. Asshole. Don't make my ass come over there and teach you how to share . Cause bitch, it will hurt.

....let your child keep crashing his pedal tractor into my kids, over...and over...and over....while I keep loudly telling my own son "no crashing please honey" Are you that stupid that you can't take a hint?



Ok that's done. Deep breath. Holy crap, what a morning. I am usually very tolerant of the different ways that people parent, tho of course, I am always right ;) but I just couldn't take it today! Too much. Those are literally only the ones that I can remember, I spent the whole 2 hours stressed out, watching my kids like a hawk waiting to see who's child was going to run them over, who's child was going to hit, if that kids was going to impale his freaking throat with a sucker stick... another deep breath.

I did, however, meet and talk to another mom who was there for the first time and told her to come back, that there's a few of us who go every Friday and we're kinda awesome. LMAO! She had mentioned she had a hard time getting to know people, and that everytime she tried talking to women at playdates they sorta mumbled an answer back and didn't converse. Nice! I also referred her to a website that I don't frequent anymore and said she could probably find playdates etc in her area of Clareview. I didn't go into the kwality of people there (like my ghetto quality with a k?) all present company who read my blog excluded, of course ;)

OOkkkk rant over. Holy stressed out mama this week. I think I need to go in to work tomorrow and take a break!

1 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

I always think it's so funny at indoor playgrounds or any sort of child gathering activity, that the children have NO problem playing with each other (well in most cases). Yet the mothers sit on opposite ends of the room, quiet watching our children.