Friday, February 15, 2008

Lipstick Jungle


Anyone else watching this? I made sure to tune in last week to catch the first one, and caught it again last night. It has received mixed reviews, but I think too many people are depending on it to fill the gap that Sex and the City left. Cashmere Mafia (don't ask) is one of the silliest shows I have ever seen (once, very, very briefly, I can't stand Lucy Liu) and other than that, there aren't any fashion parade, wild sex crazed women shows out there.

I loved this show from the first purse. Kandice will have a good laugh at this one. See said blue purse below? Well, while watching the show, I saw this purse and said WOW! I love that blue purse! Then we started talking about Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo and Mike literally turned to us and asked us if we were speaking another language LOL.

I digress. What I meant to blog about was the fact that I have this innate, gold-digging talent to pick the absolute MOST expensive item and covet it, without ever peering at a price tag. Said purse? Retails for $1600. I was sitting here with Mike, and said "OH! I should google that purse while I am blogging about the show. " So I look it up, find out it's Jimmy Choo, (money warning bells started clanging in my ears at that point) and poked Mike "Hey, honey, watch this" went to the website where its sold, and showed him the price tag. His response was " How the hell do you DO that?" followed by "Who in their right freaking mind would pay $1600 for a PURSE!!!"


Oh, yes, and aside from the fashion...the plots are interesting ;). They are tho, I really like Brooke Shields as an actor, and she's really great in this as the working mom/movie exec. She really is doing a good job portraying the mom who's trying to do it all, and I like the plot with her husband being the one staying at home (hell, damn straight, you go mingle with stars while he stays at home). The whole nanny-expose book angle is interesting as well. I like the other characters, I LOVE that one is a fashion designer down on her luck, that should be very interesting and can go sooo many places. I don't like that once again, there is a character who's a high level exec with a magazine (isn't there another job in New York??? I know, that and fashion, nothing else to do there I guess) but I do love that she's having an affair with a gorgeous younger man.

Its just a darn good show with lots of fashion fluff, great actors, good storylines and I am so glad there is something on Thursday nights now instead of Survivor crap!

0 comments: