Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More snow today

Ugh. I canceled my appointment at Mr K's kindergarden this morning, but he still HAS to go to preschool because we are the parent helper this afternoon. AND then I have to go to work for 5:30...sigh. I am not chicken but Mike called me at 8:25 (took him far too long to get to work and he was late) and told me I shouldn't be running all over the city today, that the roads were awful.

And I do believe that is the first time he has called worried about me driving around. Ok granted, yes, I had to run to mill woods to drop off The Princess for babysitting, then to St Albert to drop off K, then to the mid-east to visit his school then back to Mills Woods to pick up the Princess then back to the north to give The Princess to her dad and then to the hospital for work today... holy crap no wonder I almost cried thinking of getting in the van this morning.



Weather warning issued for Edmonton region

edmontonjournal.com

Published: 9:36 am

EDMONTON - Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for City of Edmonton, St. Albert and Sherwood Park.

We can expect to get 5 to 10 centimetres of snow by the end of the day on top of the 25 cm that has fallen on the Edmonton area since Saturday.

Environment Canada says a deep low pressure system currently in northern Saskatchewan is slowly moving to the northeast. This winter storm continues to wrap moist air into the northern regions of Alberta producing heavy snow. The most intense snow is currently in a band over Edson, Slave Lake, Red Earth and Fort Chipewyan. This band is now shifting over the Edmonton area and yet another deposit of 5 to 10 cm of snow is expected today.



1 comments:

Cori said...

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT. No more snow!!!

I like snow, and even this is wearing me out. Sorry you have to go out at all, but at least you're going out less.