Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blueberries...

...we hope! I planted my blueberries this afternoon, one of either side of my roshbush, and now we shall just wait and see. I bought some fir/larch mulch, lots of peat moss and black soil, dug out huge holes, filled them with the mix, and in went the bushes. Besides burying mulch deep down below the bushes, I also covered the top area with the mulch to make it as acidic as possible, perhaps not this year, but it should start affecting the soil within a year or two...I hope :)


Mr K enjoying the rain, and you can see where I ripped out the sod and used those grey stones to make a border, it goes the entire length, and top of the yard now, more that enough room for plants!

I have blisters forming tho, my delicate lily white hands are unused to all this manual labor..so much left to do...

0 comments: