Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reading....


I kept seeing this book in the locker than Beckie and I share at work and I finally asked to borrow it, and I am glad I did. This is an incredibly good book, and I am not sure why. Sounds weird, but there are points when I stop and think "why is this so damn interesting? Why can't I put it down?"

The premise is nothing spectacular one would think:

"The spellbinding epic set in twelfth-century England, The Pillars of the Earth tells the story of the lives entwined in the building of the greatest Gothic cathedral the world has ever known—and a struggle between good and evil that will turn church against state, and brother against brother."

Its not something I would pick up and think, hmm, yes, this has GOT to be great! I just thought hmmm, ok, I have nothing to read at home LOL!

Its good...it's very, very surprisingly good and I recommend it to anyone who wants a good (but LONG at 900 + pages) summer read.

1 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

Alright, so I'll have to read it after you! MIL says it's the best book she's ever read!