Sunday, June 29, 2008

THE SUCK

This weekend is THE SUCK, all in capital letters. I say this weekend because I am still in the middle of it, at work, and not sprung for another 3 hours (some of which is OT, and I am TIRED)

I don't mind working, I actually love my 7-3 shift that I am working. But yesterday after work I had to rush home and get the kids ready and all cute to head to a BBQ out in Spruce Grove. For some stupid reason, Mike's boss told him to bring the kids for the BBQ part. Here I had pictured a nice family BBQ at the end of a golf day for the guys (and some women.) Nope. We drive out there and its an indoor dinner with NO OTHER CHILDREN IN SIGHT. All adults. Noooo families. Which is all fine and dandy and I got over that, ( ok really, I didn't, I was so embarassed! who takes the family to an old golfing farts dinner?? ) except that we hadn't eaten supper and arrived for 5:30, when we were told the BBQ was started. So my starving children proceeded to attack the SUGAR CUBES meant for coffee like a couple of hyenas. At that point I was like f*** this we are playing outside.

So outside we go and wait for dinner. Which was served at 7. By this point my children played with pinecones, narrowly escaped a few golf carts, found not only tons of cigarette butts but two cigar ends as well.

So we eat, an actually great steak dinner. Mike wasn't feeling great so he ate very little of it. The kids eat, then play some more. Mr K asks for dessert (which I, like an idiot, had told him there would be) and when told sorry baby, there isn't any (ISN'T dessert at a BBQ?? What the hell?) he proceeds to literally collapse in a heap of sobbing snotty teary heaving gasping crying. We carry said heap of sobbing snotty teary heaving gasping crying little boy to the van and go to Mac's for dessert.

Fine, done, Mike has his car and heads home and we follow shortly behind. I get into the house and am greeted by the sound of heaving and retching. Yah. Mike had waaaay too much sun golfing in +30 and spent the entire night until about 1 keeping us awake with the sounds of praying to the porcelain gods. Men are SUCH babies, can't you at least throw up silently? just kidding honey! erm, sort of...

That is what I missed a lovely Epicure party at Brandy's for! wheeee.

Then today, because I work (after my 5 hours of broken ass sleep and now taken on some OT to help out) and not only is Mike still sick, but I took the van and the carseats in my sleepless haze this morning!! They had a birthday party to attend, something that would have been a nice ray of sunshine in our weekend, but nope, not for us. So even if Mike wasn't suffering sunstroke, in my idiocy I cemented the fact that they couldn't go anywhere.

I'm also cancelling my trip to Calgary this week because its forecast for rain the two days I planned to be there, and I am not going all that way to miss a trip to the zoo AGAIN and watch my children destroy my sisters house because they are trapped inside and bored. I would rather stick a fork in my eye.

I am desperately holding on to the fact that SO FAR, we still have a babysitter tonight, I am getting off work in time (oh hell yah I am not staying any longer) and Mike and I are going to see Indiana Jones. He can sleep in the damn theater beside me and I will eat the popcorn myself (hardship, I know) but I am GOING OUT TONIGHT!

Only 2.5 hours left....only 2.5 hours left..... I managed to kill half an hour typing this out :)

1 comments:

Blackbird Pie said...

told you golf sucks ;)

glad you liked the movie, tho.