Thursday, July 03, 2008

Yes, MORE Flowers

Yah yah my summer posts are booooring, BUT I actually find it SO useful for myself the next year, I know when everything bloomed, when it should have come up, where my forgetful mind planted certain things...lol...


My echinacea, its kinda short! Its only about 8 inches high...I am hoping next year it gets to that meter high point....didn't really plant it where I want a stubby plant! Damn thing was $15 too, I feel ripped off somewhat...

AND our first raspberry! These are really large berries, and do you think I can remember which bush it was? Time to dig out the cards from the raspberries and see which has the larger berries...if it comes back after this winter, I am going to plant some more of this kind, that is the Princess's hand, but still a big juicy berry! Then the kids went and ate the green ones. Sigh.

One of my canterbury bell's came back this year, how pretty! I didn't get these blooms last year, and they are supposed to bloom a couple of months the second year, we shall see...oh, and its another stubby one! Its soo short, and its supposed to be 12-18 inches high! What the heck.



I had a lovely day at Brandy's, whom I haven't seen in forever, thanks again for letting us invade you house and feeding us lunch! It was a great day and the kids were so excited to tell Mike all about it when he got home.

2 comments:

Jane said...

My echinacea didn't grow at all - yours looks gorgeous! Bees are supposed to love them! I don't think your Summer posts are boring at all but then I love flower posts - I like to get ideas from your posts for my garden - its great to know what works and what doesn't work - what to avoid and what not to avoid! This part of Alberta is so temperamental so its great to get local ideas and you never know whether garden centres are just trying to sell stuff - so its handy to hear from local people as to whether things REALLY work over winter or not! So a BIG thank you from me :)

miss b said...

we had a great time and yes we haven't seen each other in forever, my kids had a great time too.

your flowers look beautiful, love all the pics.