Saturday, November 08, 2008

Adopt A Family

Well, its that time of year again, when I get greatly annoyed with the Salvation Army in Edmonton and have to try and find out if they are doing this program here again. Yah, that's not quite in the spirit of things, I know. But it irritates me that they have this huge,amazingly organized Adopt-A-Family event in Calgary (where we first started doing it before we were even married) and here? Phhht, you have to chase someone down, who is a different person every year so I have to call around and dig it out of people. AND Red Deer has it listed too for pity's sake! ARGH!

I'm going to (when I finally track the person down) ask them why its basically unknown and invisible here in Edmonton. Its a huge event in Calgary, (gee, and Red Deer too) and works like a beautiful machine there, it is something to behold I tell you.

So HERE , for those of you in Calgary who might be interested, is the link to the event, there are the pdf forms and everything you need to know.

Yes, I sound grinchy, especially after my last Christmasy post. I just got all excited because the Salvation Army's site is all new and updated and has those forms online this year, and there's NOTHING for Edmonton.

1 comments:

Tracey said...

Good for you for working at this good cause.. but it sounds like all the Sal in E-town is in need of is more man(woman)power..
Best of luck with sorting things out!