Thursday, December 04, 2008

Healthy Toys

I definitely don't have the time to be as prolific at posting as I was last year, and this year has been made easy by mainly buying Playmobil and Lego (made in Malta/Germany/not China and as safe as you can expect)

This website, Healthy Toys , is a wealth of information. I probably posted it last year as well, but they have tested even more toys throughout the year.

I was glad to see the puzzles I bought (Melissa and Doug) for a couple toddler who might chew them ;) were safe. Most of Melissa and Doug toys that I looked at (there are quite a few) are safe, which makes me happy to trust the brand a bit more.

Have a look, I always find it interesting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ironic, 'cause isn't the Melissa and Doug stuff made in China? Maybe they keep a closer eye on their factories than other companies. I was happy to see the high ratings for their stuff too as it's a lot of fun.

I don't think Lego is made in Germany or Malta though. It used to be made in Denmark but they have been outsourcing. I did a search and found this:

http://messageboards.lego.com/en-US/showpost.aspx?PostID=1822888

The MIKK Family said...

No, sorry, its the Playmobil made in Malta/Germany,(which makes me happy because European standards are so much higher than ours) and the Lego parts made in China are if you have something electronic (of course, LOL) like the remote train Mr K wanted. All our boxes of plain Lego aren't made in China either.

The M and D toys I found last year weren't made in China...and I can't remember where now...I had posted last year I think that I found a few toy lines made elsewhere....Vietman maybe? It was somewhere weird LOL!