Monday, February 16, 2009

Family Day

Hope everyone is having a great family day!

I had a lovely morning BY MYSELF, while Mike took the kids to the museum, then out for lunch. Family, shamily, I wanted to go on the treadmill and listen to tunes, paint my toenails, read my magazine that I have been trying to read for 2 days now, and surf the net. That was my morning :)

My cosmos are sprouted, holy fast little buggers. Good thing I put them in pots! I also have some Black eyed susan vines that have sprouted, I am sooo excited for these, they are absolutely gorgeous in bloom!


My grow op..all four levels are plants now lol.


My anniversary/Valentines present from Mike. We don't really celebrate Valentines since the anniversary of our first date is February 11th, we celebrate both sorta combined lol! He spoiled me and surprised me with the purse I have been sighing over for a few months now :) Sometimes he pays attention and just gets things dead on right and this would be one of them. Oh, and I NEVER get presents like this, so this is definitely the stars were aligned kinda dealy.

So Happy 10th anniversary hon xoxo. Jeepers, a decade since we met!


And we have our new neighbors in, and lets just say I am reserving judgement. After a few swears already about their 2 dogs barking in the backyard today. I am going to have patience and believe that their house is just too messy and full of boxes to deal with two LARGE dogs in the house and that they are not going to make a habit of leaving them out most of the day. To bark and bark and bark. In this cold weather as well. Cause not only am I cranky, but Lord Lamplightin' Jesus, they have NOT YET MET Mr. Anal-Retentive-single-old-dude-lawyer behind us. I wince to think of the conversations that will ensue. Or my other anal retentive neighbor beside me to the north. Or the anal retentive army dude beside lawyer who's dog has never barked in its whole existence I am sure, nor craps on the lawn. It would'nt dare.

Huh, I live on like the uptight block. I fit right in! Anyways, I hate pet owners who leave their dogs outside to annoy the whole neighborhood. There is a reason I don't have one, thanks, don't force yours on me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty purse!

I realized this weekend I have lived next to a barking dog for THIRTEEN YEARS. Dog 1 died and I felt sad but was relieved to be done with the barking. Dog 2 barks more. It's so annoying. It's just so crazy to me that people don't realize how horrible it is to listen to BARK BARK BARK all the time.

Hopefully yours are just settling in and will quiet down soon!

K and D said...

Eeee. Zoe, is bad for that, but she gets a maximum time of three minutes outside to pee by herself. And when i am in the yard with her, it's a swat if she barks. BUT there is a noise violation tho if it is excessive barking, and the owners get notified and a warning by the city, etc,etc. I am also too paranoid to leave my dogs in the yard for more than 10 mins by themselves. Nevermind all day :)

KM said...

Ooooh, I have purse envy! Very Sweet.

Hope things have improved with the new neigbors dogs.