Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there!

Let's see...Charlynn likes my thankful posts, so I will do another one today for all us moms...


I am thankful this day that my children are healthy. Working at the childrens' hospital often reminds you that not everyone is so lucky.

On that note, I am grateful to be humbled by my job sometimes with the reminder that my complaints are so incredibly minor.

I am grateful to be given the chance to raise these two amazing kids with two distinctly amusing and wonderous personalities.

I am grateful for my friends, my family and the intricate web of personalities I know...I know some truly great people...and not so great..lol. I am glad that I have been challenged to think outside the box, that the selfish have shown me how not to act, that the patient people have helped me learn my own, and to be blunt, that some people have just shown me how I do not want to parent, and on the other side of the coin, how I don't want to treat my friends. That in itself is a valuable lesson, negative as it may seem.

I am thankful that spring is here.

I tear up with joy looking at the crafts made by beautiful little chubby fingers, working so hard to make their mommy something special for Mother's Day. I only get a limited amount of those, there's an age expiry limit...I will treasure them while I can.

I am thankful and very excited to take my garden course with one of those aforementioned good :) friends this Thursday evening!

I am happy that Mike surprised me at work for my supper break with two kids and a box of my favorite sugar free Fudgsicles. Gawd dang, sometimes he gets it right!

And all days, I am just glad I have a heartbeat ;)

0 comments: