Saturday, January 05, 2008

New Year's Resolutions...

So, who out there has been sucked into making them? I don't believe in making them, really, but this year I have thought more about what I would like to accomplish and do, rather than the good ol' standby's of quitting smoking and losing weight.

So let's see...what would I like to aspire to in 2008...

Keep up this rarely on the Internet thing I have happening lately. And honestly, other than Facecrack and blogging, not much interests me anymore. I am rarely on MSN anymore, I find that somedays it can literally take up 2 hours chatting, its a time sucker supreme. I am only going to use it to touch base and make playdates since I am allergic to the phone. :) I still love my blogging and reading other peoples blogs too, read my news articles and a few favorite sites, but my internet time has hugely diminished without me really even meaning to lately....and I realized I like that. I got out of the habit of just surfing and looking for amusement when bored, and loaded up on books over Christmas which are much better entertainment.

Keep plugging away at the basement and keep clearing stuff out and get something started on renos. Anything. Like one wire to a plug. Surely I can accomplish THAT this year.

Keep up the healthier lifestyle that Mike and I started working on this past fall. No stupid goals like treadmilling daily or loosing X amount of weight, that's not the point.

I will, by the GODS, find a babysitter so we can get out more. (I feel the disappointment of non-achievement crushing me on this one already lol)

This is where I should put, "wean Ivy sometime this year", but she might hear me think it and slap me for my impudence.

Enjoy this coming summer instead of letting people stress the shit out of me, family or not.Because even family doesn't have the right to cause huge stress. Actually, HELL, enjoy the whole damn year without letting anyone's drama affect my life negatively! And if anyone has a clue how to do this, let me know 'cause I haven't the foggiest.

Spoil myself and buy the 4 shelf indoor greenhouse that I am desperately pining for and start some plants really early this year..even if the package says they won't thrive here LOL!

Enjoy all the new babies coming this year....and look forward to all the new little fingers and toes and being an Auntie again! And be grateful for my beautiful babes being at such great, if perhaps a mite too busy, ages.

0 comments: