Friday, January 04, 2008

A Rant About Selling

Ugh. I HATE selling on Kijiji and Used Edmonton. We have been slowly clearing stuff out of the basement for the last month or so, trying to make more space so we can actually maybe some year start the renos down there. I am SO tired of all the rude people, and idiots out there!

Yesterday, we had a woman call wanting our highchair, fine and dandy. Talked to her in the morning, she said she would call when she was leaving. 3 o'clock, she calls and lets us know that she is on her way.

Six o'clock in the evening rolls around, she is a no show. Another gentleman calls about it and I tell him sure, that the woman is a no show, and that he can have it, He arrives in 30 minutes, takes it and its done.

At almost 7, the stupid woman shows up on our doorstep wanting her highchair! I just looked at her and said "you told me at 3 this afternoon, that you were coming straight here! I just sold it to someone else!" Then apologized for the mixup of course.

So she has the audacity to email me this morning, telling me what a bad seller I am, that its people like me that give Kijiji a bad name. I just let her (politely) have it both barrels LOL. Telling her that if you are 4 !! hours late, you have to let the seller know. I have had people call and never show up, people have me hold it and not ever get back to me. UGH. The guy came straight to the house to purchase it, and THAT is how it works.

You don't make someone give up their afternoon waiting at home, then show up in the evening, expecting them to have your item AND be happy that you were an asshole and wasted their day!

So yah. That and her email was full of spelling errors and bad grammer which always just sets me on edge anyways lol. OH, and her "friend started Kijiji" LMAO. OMG what-EVER.

And don't even get me started on Freecycle, we have tried to get rid of some stuff, and I think people missed the FREE part of Freecycle. This is the worst place for people promising to take things and never showing up.

Rant done. F#$% people.

1 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

Ohhhh what else are you selling? Don't forget about me, and I promise I won't be stupid!!! LOL!