Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Actually, I Need To Go To Work So I Can Rest

I'm tired..so tired! Once again, I was inspired (or crazy) and went at the front today like a woman possessed. The kids helped me haul all those gray bricks to the backyard, and then I spent forever digging and moving and adjusting and blah blah, and the end result is that I am finally happy with the border in the front flowerbed. I hated the gray bricks, we threw them in just to have a border, so now I am incredibly happy. This is more the "cottage garden" look that suits the style and color of house we have.


And lo and behold, the peonies that died last year? I moved my fairies away from the base of the tree and what did I find....two peonies growing. (the red little spears poking up). I am happy because they lived, but um, if this tree is still infested with ash mites, then we have to chop it down and are putting an apple tree in there instead....I wonder if I should just move them to the front flowerbed now, instead of later and replant more when the apple tree in is.....
And now that my front yard is so lovely, the backyard is a shithole :)

Now I have to put in the gray bricks as my border on the flowerbeds, and that is going to SUCK, because they are all going to be halfway into the ground because I want a very short border, only enough to discern where the bed starts, and to keep the grass out. Lots of digging and swearing under my breath will ensue the next two days (barring there is no rain)

1 comments:

miss b said...

i don't even remember what your grey blocks looked like in the front??? but i like the white out there, goes with your house very well :)