Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Can't Wait

Rings Screenwriters Back For Hobbit

UK, August 20, 2008 - The Oscar-winning team behind the Lord of the Rings screenplays will officially reunite for the Hobbit films.

Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, who successfully completed the massive job of adapting Tolkien's epic tome for the big screen and won an Oscar for their work on The Return of the King, are set to turn their talents to the author's more modestly-sized prequel - and a sequel which will bridge the two projects.

Variety reports that production on the Guillermo Del Toro-directed efforts is set to begin in late 2009, with release dates of 2011 and 2012 set for the films.

Oooh am I excited, The Hobbit is one of my favorite books ever, and I can't WAIT to see these!! What is really scary is that 2011 isn't that far off really..it will be here before we know it.

1 comments:

Cori said...

Woohoo! I'm anxious, too!!!